Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gratitude #21

A hearty thanks to the teachers and mentors of the world. I am so blessed to have so many wise and kind individuals help me achieve my dreams -- personal, professional, and artistic.

I found myself grinning on the metro ride into work this morning when, flipping through my Poets and Writers, I saw this article -- Face the Fear -- by Rachel Kadish. You'll have to read the entire column in the paper version of P&W.

A faculty member of the MFA Program in Creative Writing at Lesley University, Rachel is an amazing, moving writer who creates unforgettable characters (Read: Tolstoy Lied: A Love Story and From A Sealed Room). I'm the lucky one; she taught me much last summer when I attended a writing conference.

Who has influenced the way you live? Who has taken the time to teach you a skill or further your genius?

And don't forget to pay it forward every chance you have. Peace, Linda

3 comments:

  1. My editor, Janice, has been invaluable in the craft of my book. Besides that, just about everyone I know, honestly. I believe that every person you meet, you have something to learn from them, and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cool Linda. And so true. I love that mag, I need to resubscribe again. I came here, because this morning when in the shower, I noticed how strong the water pressure was, best since I've lived here, and I wanted to be sure to come here and say, that I'm very thankful today, for strong water pressure in my shower. ;-D That's sort of silly I know, but very true. And it makes me damn happy.

    Hugs, hon. Great thing you're doing here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my first jobs was at a community newspaper called the Port Perry Star. The publisher was Peter Hvidsten and I am so grateful for him for taking the time and energy to show me how to take better photos, how to work in the darkroom, how to write better stories - how to be passionate about newspapers. There have been several individuals like him over the years but he was the first and I am eternally grateful to him. Thanks, Peter! And thanks Linda for this wonderful idea. I am grateful to you for letting us share.

    ReplyDelete