Thursday, October 03, 2013
2. The corn: The lack of rain has made this summer veggie oh so sweet. Made up some corn and crab chowder, and my son proclaimed he wanted to learn how to cook.
3. My kids: Doing well in school, adjusting to the next step of 'adulthood'. But do we ever grow up? I hope not...
4. The latest issue of JMWW: Jam-packed with delectable fiction and poetry and book reviews and more, more, more. Read it NOW.
6. Best bit of writing advice: "In dialogue tags, place the name of the speaker before the verb," Ellie said. "It gives the narrative forward momentum.
7. Best bit of information on how to read a short story: The climax usually comes at the end, ideally the penultimate sentence (Eudora Welty is genius at this).
8. The U S of A: Despite our warts and differences and diversity, still the best place to live.
9. The garden: And my husband for tending it.
10. My friends: You know who you are, cyber and real. With you, I dine and w(h)ine, work and play, write and read, experience and dream.
What's on your gratitude list? Peace...