Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The BOFF is HERE! -- Gratitude #13

Today I am grateful for the #fridayflash community and its founder and fearless leader Jon Strother at Mad Utopia(@jmstro). Intrigued by the potential of social media, Jon singlehandedly created a virtual community of short story writers who tweet their wares around the globe every Friday. You can view the collected stories gathered in the Best of Friday Flash - Volume 1.

I am honored and humbled to be included in this anthology with folks I admire -- as writers and as exceptional people -- writers I admire, and for having a small part in the anthology's creation. BOFF is a labor of love, one which honors the spirit of #fridayflash. Most of all, I feel blessed to be part of a caring, compassionate, and generous community and lucky to call many of you friends.

Peace, Linda

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!

    Am I the only one not in this darned book? Where was I during the submission process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be grateful for this too? Because I am. It is such a fun community to be a part of, and I have met so many wonderful writers through #fridayflash. I'm so excited to see all those names in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Linda. I am eternally grateful for you, and those like you, who have contributed, not only to the BOFF, but to #fridayflash in general. You are right - it is a great community, one I am so happy to be a part of.

    I want everyone to know that you were a tremendous help in the whole process, acting as author, judge, editor, and sounding board. I'm very grateful to know you.
    ~jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo!! such a great community of super-talented writers. i'm happy to know one here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you on inclusion in another anthology! Hurray!

    And to Jon Strother -- thank you and congratulations on creating a wonderful antho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having read some of the pieces written for Friday flash, I know it's a great community filled with talent. Jon is awesome for creating and running it!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey all, the BOFF is fabulous! Ant, Jon is still standing so I bet there'll be a volume #2!

    Jon, it was an honor and privilege to work with you in realizing your dream. You're one of the rare folks who constantly pulls people together, the light to all us moths.

    Melissa, Laurita, I'm glad we're in print together. Very glad!

    Peace...

    ReplyDelete