Thursday, March 06, 2008

Parity - One Step Closer

We'll pay for liver transplants for alcoholics, expensive inhalers for ex-smokers with emphysema, but we don't pay for the treatment of addiction and mental health. THANK YOU House of Representatives for getting us one step closer to providing equal treatment and reimbursement for these conditions. And THANK YOU Paul Wellstone - today, you are my hero... Peace, Linda

Translated: If the Senate and House can compromise, then insurers will HAVE to pay for mental health and addictions treatment. Just like they do the 'real' stuff like diabetes, heart disease, hip fractures, and all that jazz...

2 comments:

  1. Forgive my ignorance, but what passed in the House?

    Paul Wellstone sends his love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you, dear Ms. Moffett, I edited this blog to clarify. I forget sometimes that folks here don't chat the same lingo as I... and thanks for the tip about Cafe 8. Hmmm.... I have a special fondness for all things Turkish. Peace...

    ReplyDelete